Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11-11-09 Idea Post

I want to first start off by saying my wallpaper sample idea didn't turn out as planned. The samples I was able to find are all smaller in size (8x10) and not big enough to act as a background. I ordered a few simple patterns off of the internet in hopes that I can take multiple samples and fuse them together seamlessly for a background. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but a much easier choice could be patterned fabric! I spent an hour or two at Joann Fabrics and Hancock Fabrics off of W Broad looking for possible 'wallpaper fabric.' I found several knowing well that some may be pushing the boundaries, but that's something I'm willing to investigate as well. Shooting begins today after the artist lecture at 2pm!

Over Thanksgiving break I plan to drive to Staunton, VA to visit my grandparent's house and their out of date wallpaper.

***

I really want to find the movie Taxidermia. I have netflix, but unfortunately the movie is too obscure for consumer driven movie rental companies.



I have generally been looking for movies that use taxidermy in part of their plot. I am interested in taxidermy's function in society today or maybe just how we THINK it should function in our society. The only other movies I can think of off the top of my head are Brotherhood of the Wolf and possibly Silence of the Lambs.



FORTUNATELY Spout.com is a great way to find movies by entering key words of interest. "Taxidermy" shows Anima, Beyond the Darkness, Deranged, Excuse Me Brother, Field Dressing and Trophy Care for the Wilderness Hunter, Lifelike, Taxidermia, The Aura, The Boy Cried Murder, The Devil's Mask, The Embalmer, The Next of the Cuckoo Birds, The Taste of Cherry, Three Cases of Murder, Tideland, Un Animal Des Animaux.

Some words whose definition may inspire further thinking, but also relate to my work:

Mortality

Mortality is the condition of being mortal, or susceptible to death; the opposite of immortality

No comments:

Post a Comment