Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

11-04-09 Idea Post

Research: Wallpaper Samples

While continuing to build more bird heads on plaques, I came across a great frame sale in Ben Franklins. Being a photography major, a good frame sale is never something to pass up. I found a heavily decorated gold frame for a good price and immediately thought of how to incorporate it into what I am doing now. I brought it home and pinned it up on the wall and mounted my newest birds inside it. After taking moving the heads around inside and outside the frame, up, down, falling off, in a line, staggered, etc, I began to consider the background. I need to find something more interesting than a plain color, a wood panel, cloth, etc. I began thinking about wall paper.




Wall paper can say so much about a time period, a homeowner's personality, and can even describe what type of room it is hung in. Ex: The wall paper in my grandmother's kitchen is SO 70's kitchen with soup bowls and spoons and the bedrooms are not much better... or are they? I want to find different types of wall paper and begin to explore another branch of my work from there.

I just discovered tonight that Home Depot and Lowe's sell wall paper samples: 8X10 sheets for $.99. The size seems a little small, but that is just the online store. To be explored in person...

I have also ordered several free wallpaper samples from farrow-ball.com.

I am also still continuing to photograph bird heads above fireplaces. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment