Flash Required to view this area.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

BFA Thesis Follow-up

Thanks to everyone who showed up for the VCU photo senior's BFA thesis production last Friday. A lot of hard work went into refurbishing the Richmond National Bank building over the past two months and it more than paid off. There was such a great turn out that the show was open for an additional hour. Special thanks to my mom and aunt for driving as far away as Philadelphia for the exhibition!

Here are some installation photos of Still in Life:



It wasn't until I began installing my work last week that I realized how many of my images include chairs. It sounds strange to have gone unnoticed for so long, but the majority of my research has long been focused on animal symbolism, anthropomorphism, the domestication of animals, still lifes, taxidermy, and influential artists.

There must be a subconscious symbolism that works seamlessly with my concept. While all the photos are in a domestic setting where chairs are abundant, I am unquestionably biased towards single-seat furniture... at least in terms of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment